Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Atlantic Food Summit 2012
Thursday, May 24, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM (EDT)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. WE WILL TRY OUR BEST TO ACCOMODATE ON-SITE REGISTRANTS. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM, PLEASE VISIT: http://events.theatlantic.com/food-summit/2012/.
As the nation works to promote more sustainable food production, enhance government oversight over the food industry, and control the obesity epidemic, The Atlantic will gather food policy luminaries, notable chefs, and public health officials to shed light on these important themes.
Hosted by Atlantic Senior Editor and James Beard award-winning food writer Corby Kummer, The Atlantic invites you to join us on Thursday, May 24th, for this important conversation on food production, consumption, and regulation.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Mario Batali, Award-winning Chef, Restaurateur, Author, and Television Personality
• Jennifer Grossman, Senior Vice President, Nutrition Group, Dole
• Gary Hall, Executive Director, World Fit Foundation
• Marilyn Knox, Chief Executive Officer, The Gerber Products Company, and Regional Business Head, Nestlé Infant Nutrition, North America
• Elaine Kolish, Vice President and Director, Children’s Food and Beverage Advertising, Better Business Bureau
• Kathleen Merrigan, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Agriculture
• Chris Novak, Chief Executive Officer, National Pork Board
• Martha Stewart, Founder, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
• Kirsten Tobey, Entrepreneur and Co-Founder of Revolution Food
• Margo Wootan, Director, Nutrition Policy, Center for Science in the Public Interest
• Jocelyn Zuckerman, Executive Editor, Whole Living, and Adjunct Professor, Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
For more information on The Atlantic's 2012 Food Summit, please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-266-7882.
For program and speaker updates, please visit: http://events.theatlantic.com/food-summit/2012/
When & Where
Since 1857, The Atlantic magazine has helped shape the national debate on the most critical and contentious issues of our times, from politics, business, and the economy, to technology, arts, and culture. Through in-depth analysis in the monthly print magazine, complemented by up-to-the-minute insights delivered throughout the day on theatlantic.com, The Atlantic provides the nation’s thought leaders and professional class with forward-looking, fresh perspectives that provoke and challenge, define and affect the lives we are living today, and give shape to the lives we will live tomorrow.